The Office Of The City Clerk
The primary vision of the Office of the City Clerk is to become a learning laboratory, an official resource center, promoting transparency by maintaining the records of the City. To serve as the premier records custodian, and to preserve the integrity of the city's heritage.
The City Clerk's Office oversees the elections, agenda preparation, maintains Council Meeting minutes, records management, official documents, and is designated to serve as the Open Records Officer O.C.G.A. § 50-18-71(b)(1)(B) for the City of Doraville. We serve as the communication link between Doraville's citizens and various City departments. We uphold public trust, integrity and provide access to the matters of the public.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk
- Prepare Council Meeting Agendas
- Recording the Minutes and all official actions of the City Council
- Custodian of the City Seal
- Administers the publication of the Code of Ordinances
- Serves as the City Election Superintendent and chief registrar coordinating elections and complying with federal and state guidelines and laws on elections and voting rights
- Qualifies Candidates for city elections and files campaign reports during elections
- Publish legal notices, recording of official documents with appropriate agencies
- Open Records Requests
- Maintains custody of the City's vital records including agreements, contracts, minutes, ordinances, proclamations, and resolutions.
- Oversees the City Records Management and Retention Policy
- Publishing and distributing public notices and legal advertising as required by law
- Maintains the on-line Agenda documents repository