Our new street parking ordinance is now in effect. Following action by the Doraville City Council, any vehicle that has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 6,000 pounds or more must not be parked on the street but can still be parked in your driveway. Exceptions include:
- Vehicle is temporarily parked for the purpose of active loading/unloading
- Vehicle is designed or intended for the transport of the physically impaired
- Vehicle is being used for active construction, or other professional service being performed on an adjacent property
- Vehicle is used by law enforcement or other emergency agency
- During federal or other major holidays
- When parked for use of a City park during normal park hours
There is now a six-month probationary period before the City of Doraville Police Department begins writing tickets. For this six-month period, written warnings will be issued in both English and Spanish.