City of Doraville Traffic Calming Process
The City of Doraville supports any traffic calming measures that are proven in the transportation
industry to enhance public safety without delaying emergency response vehicles and personnel.
The goals of Doraville’s Residential Traffic Calming Program are:
- Reduction in speed for 85% of vehicles to a safe and legal speed limit.
- Encouraging through traffic to avoid using local roads and to stay on collectors and arterials.
- Deterring truck traffic and other inappropriate vehicles from using local roads.
- Maintaining and/or enhancing emergency vehicle access and response time.
- Focus on clear communication with the involvement of the neighborhood associations and residents.
For more details, click here.
Residential Traffic Calming Application.