Welcome to Doraville!
We appreciate your interest in filming in the city of Doraville!
Media Permit Requirements
To apply for a film permit, you need to complete and send us the following items, as applicable.
ALL applicants must submit/perform the following:
- Permit Application completed and signed.
- Permission of the private property owner.
- Site plan showing production location and base camp.
- Neighbor & Businesses Notification Letter and list of addresses of those notified.
- Paid application fee. The invoice will be sent to the applicant from Authorize.net.
- Coordination with the DeKalb County Fire Marshal’s Office for review, inspections or assigns officers.
Applicants FILMING ON CITY OF DORAVILLE PROPERTY:
- Complete a Public Location Agreement Form (when using a City facility).
- Pay a deposit (Municipal Court, City Hall, Park, Facility, Public Road), a deposit of $350.00 needs to be provided.
- Copy of the Certificate of Insurance Liability.
Applicants FILMING ON ROADWAYS OR IMPACTING TRAFFIC:
- Hire off-duty officers. *
- Receive a permit from Georgia Department of Transportation for state routes (Motors Industrial Way, Peachtree Boulevard, and Buford Highway).
- Notify MARTA if impacting bus routes/stops and transit stations. Please follow the link for more information http://www.itsmarta.com/photography-and-film.aspx.
Contact: Michelle Meeks, Metro Atlanta District 7 Traffic Specialist
at email@example.com or call (770) 216-3894.
- For more information visit: Dekalb Fire Hydrant Meter Rental or call (404) 378-4475
- For the rental application visit: Fire Hydrant Meter Rental Application
Media Permit Fees
Effective 10/01/2022, below is the City of Doraville fee schedule for media production. Film permit fees are nonrefundable.
|Application Fee for Public or Private Property||$25.00|
|Media Production Permit Daily Fee [includes prep/shoot/strike days]||$100.00 per day|
|Park Facility or City Facility Daily Rental||$500.00 per day|
|Police Services, with a minimum of three hours per officer||$55.00 per hour, per officer|
|Rush fee (applicable to applications submitted in full of less than 3 working days' notice)||$150|
|Fee for filming done without a permit||200 % of the original permit fee|
|Photography Permit, Annual||$100|
|Photography Permit, One-Day (application fee only)||$25|
|Daily Lane & Sidewalk Closure||Fee|
|Lane closure, less than 200 feet||$150 per day|
|Lane closure, 200 feet or greater||$200 per day|
|Full Lane closure||$300 per day|
|Sidewalk closure Fees less than 200 feet||$75 per day|
|Sidewalk closure Fees 200 feet or greater||$100 per day|
| Online Processing
|Online processing payment||$4|
City of Doraville Office Hours
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM EST Monday – Friday
A film permit shall be submitted three (3) days working in advance of the proposed preparation date. A rush fee shall be assessed to permits submitted with less than three working days of processing time.
Get in Touch with Us
Should you have any questions, please contact the following staff members:
China Agu, Finance Director