Doraville Planning CommissionThe Commission serves as an advisory board that provides recommendations to the City Council on such matters as zoning ordinance text amendments, property zoning changes, land use changes, conditional use permits, and variances. The Commission may also conduct research on other issues at the direction of the City Council. Commission meetings are typically held once a month and are open to the public to hear cases and provide comments to the Commission.
Monthly Meetings: The Planning Commission typically meets the first Wednesday of each month at 6 pm at Doraville City Hall. Check the Meeting Agendas page for any date changes or Special Called meetings.
Meeting Agendas & Action Reports: Please visit the Minutes & Agendas page.
Planning Commission Bylaws: Click here for a full copy of the Planning Commission bylaws.
|Commissioner Name||District||Term Expiration|
|Yvette Prussing (Chair)||3||April 1, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|SEAT VACANT||April 1, 2025|
|Michael Sawhney (Secretary)||2||April 1, email@example.com|
|Barbara Moore||1||April 1, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Warren Simmons||1||April 1, email@example.com|
- Five (5) appointed members, each of whom shall serve a maximum of two (2) consecutive four-year terms.
- A period of two (2) years shall elapse before any member serving the maximum two (2) consecutive terms shall be eligible to serve again on the Planning Commission.
- The members shall be residents of the City for at least one (1) year prior to taking office.
- The Council shall select one (1) member from each district and two (2) at-large members who may reside in any district.
- In order to achieve staggered terms, the members representing the districts shall serve an initial term ending April 1, 2010, and the two (2) at-large members shall serve initial terms ending April 1, 2008.
- If a position becomes vacant, a member shall be appointed, from the vacated district or at-large, by the City Council to serve the remainder of the term.
The Council shall solicit residents of the City to volunteer to serve on the Planning Commission. Any member of the commission may be removed from office by a vote of a majority of the members of the City Council. Any vacancy in membership shall be filled for the unexpired term by appointment of the City Council. Planning Commission members are encouraged to attend training through the Atlanta Regional Commission and other locally provided workshops as soon as reasonably possible after their appointment. Pre-approved training and reasonable expenses shall be paid for by the City.
The Planning Commission shall be required to consider and adhere to the criteria established as set forth in the Code of Ordinances of the City of Doraville in making such zoning and variance investigations and recommendations.