A land disturbance permit (LDP) is required if your project includes site development activity such as new construction, building expansion, grading, grubbing, tree removal, driveways, parking areas, water mains, stormwater drainage facilities, and/or demolition work.
A pre-application meeting with City Staff is required prior to application submission to verify zoning and determine any other applicable code requirements. It is helpful to have a preliminary site plan to facilitate the discussion. The scope of work will determine the type of plan reviews needed.
Schedule a pre-application consultation meeting (virtually) with Staff:
Austin Shelton: firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-622-9357
Naomi Siodmok: email@example.com or 770-901-7945
MINOR vs MAJOR Land Disturbance
- Minor: In general, projects that do not include any work in the right-of-way, have less than one (1) acre of disturbance, and are adding or replacing less than 5,000 square feet of impervious surface.
- Major: In general, projects that include work in the right-of-way, and/or have more than one (1) acre of disturbance, and/or are adding or replacing more than 5,000 square feet of impervious surface.
• Land Disturbance / Demolition - land disturbance greater than one acre
• Land Disturbance / Demolition - land disturbance greater less than one acre
Permits may be submitted online on the permit portal or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic files should be no larger than 25 MB per file. Applications submitted in person should provide drawings only in pdf format with each file no larger than 25 MB.
Please provide the following information in all submissions via email:
• Completed permit application.
• Permit type requested and address of property in the subject line.
• A clear description of the scope of work and your contact information.
• Required documents and applicable building codes.