A land disturbance permit (LDP) is required if your project includes site development activity such as new construction/building expansion, grading, grubbing, tree removal, driveways, parking areas, water mains, stormwater drainage facilities, and/or demolition work.
A pre-application meeting with City Staff is required, prior to application submission to verify zoning and applicable building code and tree ordinance requirements and determine any other code requirements which may be applicable. It may be helpful to have a preliminary site plan to facilitate the discussion. The scope of work will determine the type of plan review (planning & zoning, engineering, fire marshal, and arborist).
Schedule a pre-application consultation meeting (via virtual live stream) with Staff:
Naomi Siodmok at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-901-7945
Austin Shelton at Austin.email@example.com or 470-622-9357
Minor Versus Major Land Disturbance
The City will consider all factors of the project to determine application submittal and plan review requirements.
- Minor: In general, projects that do not include any work in the right-of-way, have less than one (1) acre of disturbance, and are adding less than 5,000 square feet of impervious surface.
- Major: In general, projects that include work in the right-of-way, and/or have more than one (1) acre of disturbance, and/or are adding more than 5,000 square feet of impervious surface.
• Land Disturbance / Demolition - land disturbance greater than one acre
• Land Disturbance / Demolition - land disturbance greater less than one acre
Permits may be submitted online on the permit portal or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic files shall each be no larger than 25 MB per file. Applications submitted in person should provide drawings only in electronic PDF format with each digital file no larger than 25 MB.
Please provide the following minimum information in the email:
• Complete permit application
• Subject line of email: permit type requested and address of property
• Body of email: your contact information and a clear description of the scope of work proposed.
• Required documents and applicable building codes: scroll below. Maximum size of each digital file is 25 MB.