Apply for a Permit Online or Via Email
Due to the Coronavirus, City Hall has limited hours open to the public. View staff contacts to reach out with questions. Applications may be submitted through our online permit portal or via email to email@example.com.
Please provide the following minimum information in the email:
• Complete permit application (found here)
• Subject line of email: permit type requested and address of property
• Body of email: your contact information and a clear description of the scope of work proposed.
• Required documents and applicable building codes: scroll below. Maximum size of each digital file is 25 MB.
Permit Types (see below for documents required for submission)
• Multi-family Residential (townhomes, apartments, condominiums)
• Single-Family / Duplex
• Land Disturbance / Demolition
• Lot Subdivision, Combination, or Replat
• Sign Permits
• Trade Permits (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing)
• Tree Permits
• Residential Permit Checklist & Emergency Repairs
• Temporary Outdoor Restaurant / Cafe Operations Permit
Applicable Building Codes
Residential Permit Requirements + Cheat Sheets
Below you'll find the requirements for different kinds of projects that require a residential building permit. Please click the links below to view, download or print the requirements.
• What needs a permit?
• Emergency Repairs
• Example Supporting Material for Driveways
Note: Tree permits for any impacted trees will not be issued until review of the site plan is complete.
All projects require plan review by the city. Depending on the elements of your project, it may also require review by Dekalb County or other government agencies. If your project requires review by Dekalb County or other agencies, the city will provide you a routing sheet and directions to the other government offices. Once your project has been approved by any other required agencies, you will need to upload the approval sheets to your permit online.
We will email or call to let you know when the city’s plan review is finished. Once plans have been approved, you may pay your fees online. The city will issue a permit for your project and provide your approved plans. To estimate your fees, you can review the Fee Schedule.
The Doraville City Council approved a waiver of certain residential permit fees for homeowners with home improvement needs to their existing homes. Refer to the approved Council Resolution to learn which fees are waived. Permit fees are not waived for new home construction.
Fees are waived for 90-days during the period of July 1st through September 30, 2020.