The City of Doraville has moved to a new platform for online permitting (Cloudpermit).
Create an account to submit and access applications at https://us.cloudpermit.com/.
Watch this tutorial on how to apply.
Click the link above to apply for the following permits:
• Commercial Building Permit
• Residential Building Permit*
• Sign Permits
• Tree Permits
• Trade Permits (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing)
• Land Disturbance Permits
• Plats / Lot Combinations
NOTE: Please allow up to 10 business days for review of any submitted plans, and up to 5 business days for any additional reviews upon resubmittal.
Click here for more information on permits for residential and commercial solar panels.
Other Permit Applications (click the links below to view, download or print application forms)
• Temporary Outdoor Seating for Restaurants
• Right of Way Encroachment Permit Application
Below you'll find the requirements for different kinds of projects that require a residential building permit. Please click the links below to view, download or print the requirements.
• What needs a permit?
• ¿Esto necesita un permiso?
• Emergency Repairs
• Example Supporting Material for Driveways
Remote Inspections For Residential Properties
Doraville is happy to announce that we are implementing remote inspections for certain kinds of permitted work. These kinds of programs are growing in popularity, and currently utilized by hundreds of jurisdictions around the country.
- Remote inspections are only permitted on residential properties.
- All remote inspections will be conducted with the contractor or technician performing the installation.
- If an issue is found during the inspection, the contractor or technician may make the necessary corrections immediately.
- This eliminates the need for numerous visits by inspectors, greatly shortening the timeline for homeowners, contractors, and City staff.
All projects require plan review by the City. Depending on the elements of your project, it may also require review by Dekalb County or other government agencies. If your project requires review by Dekalb County or other agencies, the City will provide you a routing sheet. Once your project has been approved by any other required agencies, you will upload the approval sheets to your permit.
Once plans have been reviewed and approved, fees will be assessed. You may pay your fees online or in person. Payments over the phone will not be accepted.
To estimate your fees, you can review the approved Fee Schedule.
Property Owner Authorization Affidavit
Homeowner Declaration Affidavit
General Contractor Affidavit
Authorized Permit Agent Form
Photovoltaic Tree Affidavit
Boundary Tree Agreement
Third Party Inspectors and Reviewers
The State of Georgia allows applicants seeking permits to utilize third party inspectors and reviewers, rather than the City's inspectors. Those interested in serving as a third party inspectors or reviewers must complete the application below and submit it to the Department of Planning and Community Development for review. Only those parties that have been approved may conduct reviews and inspections.
Application for New Third Party Reviewers + Inspectors
Third Party Review/Inspection Form
Approved Third Party Reviewers + Inspectors
Community Solutions by Design
SAFEbuilt Georgia, LLC