Municipal Special Election
The City of Doraville will hold a Special Election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 to fill the vacancy of the office of city council member district 1, caused by the resignation of Robert Patrick. the special election will take place at Doraville city hall, 3725 park avenue, Doraville, Georgia 30340 from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
In alphabetical order, The candidates for the special election are:
Charnette Cason Rios
SM Abu Zahed
The voter registration deadline to vote in the November 3, 2020 general and special election is October 5, 2020.
Qualifications (to register to vote you must):
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of the county
- Be at least 17 ½ years of age to register (at least 18 years of age to vote)
- Not be serving a sentence for a conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
Your social security number is required at time of registration.
How do I register?
- To use the Online Voter Registration System, you must have a valid driver’s license or identification card issued by GA Department of Driver Services (DDS) with signature on file with DDS. You may use this system to (1) Register to vote in Georgia or (2) change your name and/or address on your current registration record.
- If you prefer to print a blank State of Georgia application for Voter Registration, please click here. To complete the application process you must print, sign and mail your application to your county registrar.
- DeKalb County Voter Registration and Election Office, 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur, GA 30032
Where do I vote?
The City of Doraville Municipal General Election polling locations are run and determined by the Voter Registration and DeKalb County Voter Registration and Election. Use My Voter Page to determine your polling location.
Early voting begins on October 12 and ends on October 30. You may early vote monday through friday in that three-week period. There will also be a single day of Saturday voting on October 24. During the early voting period, you may vote at any open precinct in deKalb county.
Find Advance Voting Locations and Times HERE
You may also use the MVP Log In to check your:
- Voter registration status
- Mail-In application and ballot status
- Early voting locations
- Elected Officials
- Registration information on file with the county office
- Sample ballot for the upcoming election
- Provisional Ballot status
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the secretary of state has launched a new web portal to request an absentee ballot: https://ballotrequest.sos.ga.gov/
You may also fill our your own form and submit it via one of the methods below:
Form: Absentee Ballot Application
Submit form via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (404) 298-4038
- Mail: Dekalb County Registration & Elections, 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur, GA 30032